Offered to Court-Referred Clients through our DCS Community-Based Contract
Parenting classes help parents to:
- Understand child social and emotional development
- Understand children’s behavior
- Learn age and developmentally appropriate discipline strategies
- Build self-esteem and confidence in parenting abilities.
- Learn to communicate effectively with children
- Help parents learn how to encourage their children
- Discuss the impact of family violence on the children
There are three different types of groups:
There are 26 sessions in our parenting program. There is one session per week. Sessions are two hours long. There are both morning and evening groups. Groups are small, featuring a maximum of 8-10 participants. Individual sessions are offered as needed.
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion.